LAST UPDATED to 11 April 2016
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS APP
- By using our site or by clicking accept when you are requested to accept these Terms, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
Other applicable terms
- These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of our site:
- These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of our site:
Information about us
- www.meetquinn.com is a site operated by My Mate Your Date Ltd which is trading as QUINN ("we", "our" and "us"). We are a private limited company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 8769822 and have our registered office at Flat 6, 37-42 Charlotte Road, London EC2A3PG, UK.
Changes to these terms
- We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page.
- Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
- We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
REGISTRATION WITH OUR SITE
- You can register with our site with your valid Facebook account credentials at which point you are considered a Member. A Member will receive a finite number of potential matches each day, which can be reviewed and marked as ‘Like’ or ‘Pass’. Should two users express that they are ‘Like’ each other they will be introduced by on-site message.
- A user will remain registered unless they deactivate their account through the Profile section.
Accessing our site
- You must be at least eighteen years old in order to register for our service and use our site. To register as a Member you must not already be in a relationship. By registering with us you warrant that you have not been convicted of any offence, or subject to any court order, relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
- If you decide to get in touch with or meet up with somebody suggested by a Facebook friend it is important that you exercise the same caution you would normally when you meet people and take appropriate safety precautions. Any such contact and/or meetings are at your own risk and are not our responsibility. We cannot advise on or broker marriage or long term relationships; the onus remains on you to decide who is right for you.
- We cannot guarantee or certify the accuracy, completeness or identity of any user’s profile information displayed through the site, nor can we guarantee or certify the identity of any individual suggested by one of your Facebook friends and you should bear in mind that a person may not be who he or she claims to be.
- Similarly we cannot guarantee the romantic intentions of any user of the site. We hold no responsibility for the result of any interaction with a person met directly or indirectly though the site.
Your account and password
- You must treat your user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- We own your account and any content generated by you. You agree that you do not own the account created for your use of the site, not do you own any of the data that we or our partners store on our servers.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to our site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out below in clause 17.
- You must have all necessary rights and consents to post the content (for example, photos, education, workplace, contact details of you or others and description of proposed dates);
- Content must be accurate (where they state facts) and be genuinely held (where they state opinions) and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted;
- There will be no tolerance for objectionable content on the site. Content must not contain any material which:
- is defamatory of any person;
- is obscene, hateful or inflammatory;
- promotes sexually explicit material;
- promotes violence;
- promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- promotes any illegal activity;
- is threatening, abuses or invades another's privacy, or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- is used to impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any other person; or
- infringes any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with these standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out above.
- The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
- You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party links and resources in our site
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- You may at any time and without the need to provide a reason deactivate your registration with us from the Profile section of the website.
- We shall have the right in our sole discretion to terminate use of your account and deny you access to our site on provision of reasonable notice. If you breach any of these Terms we shall have the right to terminate use of your account and deny you access to our site with immediate effect.
- Please note that these Terms, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- To contact the Quinn, please email email@example.com or write to Team Quinn, Flat 6, 37-42 Charlotte Road, London EC2A 3PG.
Thank you for visiting our site.